Workshop: Work It
Workshop: Work It
Work It is a workshop designed for the overwhelmed, overloaded, and overworked!
A movement workshop to help anyone interested in exploring creative ways of dealing with day-to-day stresses; a safe and casual space for those seeking to move freely at the end of a workday and leave with a set of energizing exercises to be integrated into their daily routine.
WORKSHOP OUTLINE: Every Thursday from 24 May till 14 June, 2018 | 5:45 - 7:00pm
Work It is divided into 4 sessions led by movement expert Alice Mattalia. She uses techniques from her rich background in African Dance, Yoga, and Primitive Expression to help:
- Release & energize through breathing and relaxation techniques;
- Practice out-of-the-box thinking through creative movement techniques;
- Break out of routines & patterns through guided explorations of visualization and improvisation techniques.
- What to wear: Comfortable sweat pants or shorts, a long sleeve shirt, a t-shirt, socks.
- Level: No Previous experience in any form of movement is required.
- Reservation deadline: Places are limited. For the full pass, register before Tuesday May 22, 2018.
- Assistance in booking: contact iHjoz team on 01-752 752
- Questions and inquiries: contact Yaraqa team on: email@example.com or 03-884 160 03 197 002
Alice Mattalia has an academic background in social education and continued with training in “Dance Therapy” in Torino and in “Primitive Expression”with france Shott Billmann, in Paris. She deepened her exploration through the contemporary African dance research of Koffi Koko and Achille Akakpo, inspired by traditional dances of Benin, in Italy, Paris and also in Ouidah, Benin. She is a member of the International Dance Council CID UNESCO and believes in the nature of dance as human knowledge, rather than performance. Recently she integrated her research with the Yoga practice and after her TTC 200h in the Shiva Shakti Academy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
**** Can I attend only one session?
Of course you can but we highly advise to attend all sessions so that you'd maximize your benefits.
**** Do I have to have prior experience in movement/dance?
Not at all. You just need to be tired enough and curious enough.
**** What do I need to wear?
Comfortable sweat pants or shorts, a long sleeve shirt, a t-shirt, socks.
**** Is it similar to a yoga class? Or a dance class?
It draws on techniques from yoga, dance, and other movement disciplines but the focus is different: helping release tension, discovering new ways of thinking and moving, and finding ways to integrate them into your workday.
**** Do I need to be a member of Antwork?
Not at all, but beware you might want to come back! It is a very fun place to be.
**** What happens after 4 sessions?
A new cycle starts with a new trainer, inspired from a different movement/dance background but with the same objectives, structure, and spirit.
Follow the Facebook event page