Game Development Business Workshop and Mentorship with Jason Della Rocca
from Wednesday, August 15, 2018 18:00 to Thursday, August 16, 2018 18:00
TBD, Beirut, Lebanon
“Game Business Masterclass”
Hope is not a valid business model. If you want to succeed commercially with your games, you need to put as much effort into designing the business aspects as the creative aspects. This 4-hour masterclass will share real-life case studies, and focus on elements of business strategy and factors for success, including:
- Overall business strategy
- Funding timing and sources
- Pitching and approaching publishers
- Landscape/competitive analysis
- Marketing and launch planning
- And “boring” stuff like corp structure, contracts, etc
This material is suitable for all levels, including student/amateur developers trying to understand the business side of games, as well as independent studios working to grow their business.
The class will take place on Wednesday 15th August at 10:00 AM.
For Individuals: Student and indie developers are welcome to book a private 20-minute mentoring session for personal feedback and advice.
For Studios: Studios are welcome to book a full 1-hour business strategy consultation, allowing a deeper dive in your specific business challenges.
Consultation and Mentorship are scheduled on Wednesday 15th of August following the Masterclass, and on Thursday 16th during the day. Booking-time preference can be specified during ticket purchase, you will be contacted later to confirm the exact time.
About the Speaker
Jason Della Rocca is a game industry entrepreneur, funding advisor, and cluster expert. He specializes in business/partnership development, pitching/funding, and ecosystem/cluster development.
As the co-founder of Executions Labs, he was a hands-on early stage investor to over 20 independent game studios from North America and Europe. Between 2000-09 he served as the executive director of the International Game Developers Association (IGDA) and was honored for his industry building efforts with the inaugural Ambassador Award at the Game Developers Conference. In 2009, Jason was named to Game Developer Magazine’s “Power50,” a list which profiles 50 of the most important contributors to the state of the game industry. As a sought-after expert on the game industry, Jason has lectured at conferences and universities worldwide.
- Student Pass, includes a ticket to the masterclass (Must be a student)
- Student Pass + Mentorship, includes a ticket to the masterclass in addition to a 20-minutes 1 on 1 session with the Speaker (Must be a student)
- Professional Pass, includes a ticket to the masterclass
- Professional Pass + Consultation, includes a ticket to the masterclass in addition to a 30-minutes 1 on 1 session with the Speaker
- Team Pass, includes 2 tickets to the masterclass in addition to a full hour 1 on 1 session with the Speaker. (Only available for members of the same Company/Start-Up)
Lebanese Game Developers is the community where individuals create and live their dreams of building and/or contributing to game development in Lebanon.
We do mentorship, game jams, gaming nights… You name it!