Bike To Work 2018
Bike To Work 2018
Yalla! It’s time to break the misconception that cycling in Beirut is impossible. On April 25th, thousands of people will leave their cars at home and hit the streets of Beirut city with their bikes! Grab a bike and cycle to work or university on April 25th! It's free! (free coffee, bites and bicycles to be won!)
REGISTRATION ON IHJOZ IS A MUST! - Please register to be able to benefit from free bike rental and free drinks and bites at cafés.
There are 3 ticket types:
- Own bike registration: if you have your own bike and want to benefit from free drinks and bites.
- Bike shop registration: If you want to pick up your free bike rental from one of 10 participating shops (select your desired bike shop).
- Bike station registration: If you live outside beirut and want to park your car for free and receive a free bike at one of three Park and Ride stations at Forum de Beyrouth, Spinneys Jnah, or Hippodrome (select your desired station).
Don't have your own bike? Just pick up your BICYCLE AND HELMET FOR FREE from any of the participating bike shops and use it on Bike to Work day!
You can pick up your bike starting Tuesday April 24th, and return it no later than Thursday April 26th*!
*(return bike by end of day April 25th at Beirut by Bike shops)
Participating Bike Shops in Beirut:
- Cyclosport (Gemmeyzeh)
- Bike Zone (Hazmieh)
- Bike Generation (Tehouita)
- Beirut By Bike (Waterfront)
- Beirut By Bike (Ain el Mreisseh)
- Beirut By Bike (Manara)
- The Bike Kitchen (Furn el Shebbak)
- Tokyo Zone (Hamra)
- BikeTec (Achrafieh)
- Pro Bike (Borj Hammoud)
If you live or work in other cities, there are a number of participating shops outside Beirut!
- Velo Route (Tripoli)
- BuyCycle (Tripoli)
- Routes (Batroun)
- Proshop (Adonis)
With your bike you'll also recieve a HELMET and an awesome goodie bag from Poppins :)
Check out everything you need to know about Bike to Work on this map! Where you can get a bike, park your car, get your breakfast and what are the best routes to take! (Map includes opening times!)
Park and Ride Stations:
Do you live outside Beirut and feel like there's no way for you to use a bike?
We're setting up three PARK AND RIDE STATIONS at Beirut's northern, southern and eastern entrances where you can park your car for free and grab a free bike to continue to your destination:
- North Entrance: Facing Forum de Beyrouth (same space as Cirque du Liban)
- East Entrance: Beirut Hippodrome
- South Entrance: Spinneys Jnah
- To ensure that the correct number of bikes are set up, a 10,000 L.L deposit is required for anyone who would like to pick up a bike at a bike station. This is ONLY a deposit. Your 10,000 L.L will be returned to you in cash upon return of the bicycle at the same bike station. No fees deducted.
- The 10,000 is not returned if you don’t show up and pick up your bike.
- Bike stations will be set up ONLY on April 25th. Please pick up your bike in the morning and return it SAME DAY in the evening.
Pick up some bites and drinks from the following locations, Just come by bike and show your bike to work registration ticket!
- Gemmayze Gouraud St
- Bliss St
- BDD Bachoura
- Kreitem Madame Curie St
- Downtown M1 Rafic Salloum St
- ABC Achrafieh
PAUL (with Juice Up)
- Gemmeyzeh Gouraud St
- Bliss St
- Zaitunay Bay
- Downtown Foche St
- ABC Achrafieh
- Bliss/Omar Bin Abdel Aziz St
- Achrafieh Independence St
- Hamra Nehme Yafet St
Photo Competition - BICYCLE PRIZES:
Upload a creative picture of yourself whilst commuting to work on Bike to Work day on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtags below for a chance to win one of the awesome prizes! Winners will be chosen based on photo creativity and relevance to the bike to work campaign.
• Trek mountain bike from Bike Zone
• Giant mountain bike from Beirut by Bike
• Scott mountain bike from The Bike Kitchen
• Willier mountain bike from BikeTec
• $200 gift voucher from Bike Generation
• 5 Coffee packs from Café Younes
2- Don't forget to tag The Chain Effect
3- Set the privacy of your photo to public so that we can see it!
- Original ID required for bike rental (original driver's license or syndicate card accepted).
- Each participant is responsible for her/his own bike and personal safety.
- Locks are not provided with all bikes. Please ensure you have a safe place to keep your bike.
Sponsors & Partners:
Thanks to the Lebanese American University for their generous support.
Thanks to all the bike shops without whom this event would not have happened! Beirut by Bike, Bike Zone, The Bike Kitchen, Cyclosport, Biketec, Bike Generation, Pro Bike, Tokyo Zone.
Thanks to Beirut by Bike for the support at Bike stations.
Thanks to our supporters LiveLove Beirut, Poppins, Spinneys, Forum de Beyrouth, Beirut Hippodrome, Commercial Insurance
For more info please email us at email@example.com