Emotional Intelligence in Children
No upcoming event dates
Sophia Maternity , Beirut , Lebanon
As parents we would like to build positive and supportive relationship with our children. However, we often feel stuck not knowing how to interact with our children and what to do when we are faced with some challenging situations. In this interactive workshop, we will focus on parenting skills and strategies that can help us to improve our communication skills and to increase our emotional responsiveness with our children which in turn will develop their emotional intelligence and self-esteem.
Topics that will be discussed in this workshop:
- Parenting styles
- Why children do what they do: Understanding our children's behavior
- Communicating with our children
- Developing our children's emotional literacy
- Setting limits and problem solving with children
- Role of our support system in our children's lives (Grandparents, nannies, etc.)
- Putting it all together
This workshop is suitable for parents of kids between the age of 2-7 years old.