BeirutVersus Astrophotography Workshop
Saturday, November 11, 2017 from 16:00 to 23:55
BeirutVersus is happy to present an updated and improved version of our astrophotography workshops targeting everyone interested in a keen knowledge of the night skies, how to capture their beauty.
We'll take you on a walk to understand deeply how to navigate thru the night skies, with insights on understanding weather, the nature / environment around you, and the skies to maximize results, enjoyment of the night skies.
We will merge ancient knowledge with cutting edge tech, combining the wisdom of the shepherds, with that of of deep learning, in a ride to make the universe well known.
We will familiarize you with the techniques of wide field astrophotography, getting crisp clear star field photos, nebulae, clusters, unlike any you've taken before, from within the serenity of the Lebanese mountain side.
Basic photography knowledge is recommended.
With 2 sections, we will be giving the theory, shooting on the field in a dark site.
- Saturday November 11 4 - 6 PM: Theory.
- Saturday November 11 6 PM - 12AM: Field shoot.
The workshop objectives are the following:
- Be able to properly navigate nature, weather, the skies, the plants around you to maximize your understanding of the location.
- Be able to properly plan for a widefield astrophotography session, understand the flow of the sky, it's major objects.
- Be able to combat light pollution constraints, from planning to post.
- Understand the image processing chain, from photon capture to final image.
- Understand noise, it's basic nature, and how to suppress it.
- Understand our cultural relation to astronomy / astrophotography.
- Learn how to capture the Milky Way even from Beirut.
- Understand the future of astrophotography, between deep learning and adaptive optics.
- The number of attendees is very limited, to reserve your place early.
- Transportation to the mountain location will be via car pooling, any participant with no means of transportation can contact us at most one week before the workshop so that we secure transport for them.
Ticket price for the workshop is $120 per attendee.
Reservations have to happen on Ihjoz, are nonrefundable, payments after requesting the tickets can be paid at Malik's Bookshop, all branches or Khoury Home.
The meeting point in Beirut will be in Jdeideh, detailed instructions given a couple of days before the workshop on the registered email.
Ever clear skies,
Khalil of BeirutVersus
Astronomy musings with a twist from Beirut, Lebanon.
Astronomers Without Borders affiliate.