The Orionid Meteor Shower
No upcoming event dates
Bank BLOM Dora, Beirut, Lebanon
The Orionid meteor shower is peaking, BeirutVersus presents an observation night on Friday the 20th of October.
Transportation will be only by bus from / to in front of Blom Bank, Dora.
The program of the night will be the following:
- Departure: 8:00PM sharp. No delays will be allowed and meeting the bus en route is not an option, the bus will be leaving at 8:00PM, please be by the bus by 7:45 max.
- 9:00PM Arrival on location, setting up tripods / cameras / mattresses.
- 9:30PM Orionid observation, exploring the winter night sky.
- 10:00PM Further astrophotography, Pleiades rising.
- 11:30PM Return to Beirut by bus.
The night will be very cold, temperatures are expected to be be around 10 degrees. Dressing up warm is essential, with multiple insulating layers, nature is not to be taken for granted.
We will be departing back to Beirut by 11:00PM as to avert as much of the cold as possible.
Observations will be thru live astrophotography and binoculars, plenty to be discovered in the winter night sky.
The event fee is nonrefundable, phone contact details will be provided upon registration, further enquiries taken via the page messaging feature.
In case of cloudy skies, the event will include a one hour workshop on night photography, on the field.
Please feel free to bring own snacks / drinks as there are no food stands on-location.
The event fee is 25$ per person and includes:
- Transportation to / from site by bus
- Astrophotography talks
- Group photos of the night
- Night photography workshop in case of cloudy skies
The event is limited to a maximum of 30 attendees / a single bus.
Astronomy musings with a twist from Beirut, Lebanon.
Astronomers Without Borders affiliate.